Chairman of the British Legion
This is Arthur James Thompson. He was Chairman of the Cherry Hinton branch of the British Legion for most of my young life. Here he is opening the Village Fete sometime in the 1950’s which used to be held on the ground near the church where the school now stands. As his Granddaughter I had to present the Mayor/Mayoress with a bouquet of flowers.
CreatorThe son of Arthur James Thompson
Date of creation1950
PlaceCherry Hinton Fete
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
- High Street; Cherry Hinton (47)
- Pubs in Cherry Hinton (41)
- Cherry Hinton Hall (35)
- Shops in Cherry Hinton (18)
- St Andrew's Church; Cherry Hinton (15)
- Cherry Hinton Festival (14)
- Chequers Pub; High Street Cherry Hinton (12)
- Michelle Bullivant (12)
- Red Lion Pub; Mill End Road; Cherry Hinton (11)
- Lime Kiln Hill (10)
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.